Choices. There are only two in this life - right or wrong. Unfortunately, I was given the inbetweener known as "Hobson's choice", and I am sure you are familiar with it, obviously. A Hobson's choice is where both choices that you are stuck with have identical fates, and not a fairytale one, that is. It all started when the death rate was reaching its pinnacle...
I was madly in love with him. He was like honey to a bee, daffodil to the wind and song to a swan. But, I despised his darker side. The hatred, angst and fury, all left me confused about his promises to me for a better future for us. I was disillusioned by his ideologies, but I had kept a darker secret that all of his promises could not succumb. I had a Jewish mother, and I loved her for bringing me into this world and loving me back. Adolf does not know this, and I had planned to keep it that way.
When Adolf said that we will be visiting my birthplace as he planned to clense that place with his own revolver (he needed some of the action too), I was devastated, like a beggar whose money had been robbed. My secret was about to be exposed, and worse. I could not allow this to happen, so I begged him and lied that I had a childhood too unbearable and even to visualise that place is like a spear to my side. But he would not give in, " no explanations needed", he said.
I was alone in my room when I finally met Scylla and Charbdis. I never knew what it meant to be stuck between them but I loved my mother and Adolf too much to find out. I came to a conclusion that blood was thicker than water. I also realised that what was to happen would affect and change many lives, if not, all. I knew that Adolf loved me too with all his heart, and would give up his life for me. Our lives had been intertwined for fifteen years now, ever since we were foolish teenagers, so there was no stopping force that could separate us. Not even an oncoming American tank. However, love surprises you like a jack-in-a-box, like how it would soon surprise me.
No one knew my ploy, but before you figured it, headliners were saying, " What caused Eva to hang from a noose?" To my predictions, Adolf Hitler had caught hold of the news and followed my lead soon after. The unstoppable train had collided with a wall, and the Nazi's surrended, erupting the world and bringing about a new revolution called peace.
So now I am standing here in front of You, Your throne and Your jury. You probably think that this selfless act was a sacrifice is an automatic entry to your kingdom, but I would like to prove otherwise. I also know that my lover has an interview downstairs. So may I ask one last question before you come to your verdict? Can I decide which path I want to walk for the rest of time?
Friday, October 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment